A Film and Photo Artist, interested in exploring experimental Documentary Arts and Poetic Film.
My practice is rooted in my personal experiences, the people I meet and landscapes that speak of stories yet to be told. I am drawn to questions of society, of localised issues that speak on a universal level. I am intrigued by societies Post Industrial past and changing notions of community. Through use of Lens-based media I attempt to unveil nuances of cultural and political issues, whilst personally trying to establish a place in which I belong.
I strive to find a balance between the dynamics of internal and external thoughts, between fact and fiction, personal and collective narratives, something tangible or elusive.
Exhibitions & Experience
- The Bowery Gallery, Leeds Film Installation July - September 2017
- Whitecloth Photography & Film Gallery, Leeds 'A Place Greater than Home' exhibition April- June 2017
- Goole Art Gallery, Arts Council Funded 'Place Greater than home' solo exhibition January 2017
- V Art Centre, Elephant in the room Photo Collective, Shanghai, 2015
- Brick Lane photo auction, London 2014
Project 'A Place, greater than home' http://deborahharman.tumblr.com
-The Junction Arts Centre grand opening, solo exhibition, Goole 2010
- East London Photography Festival, Vyner Street Gallery London 2010
- Impressions Gallery, Bradford. Lost in Transit Group show 2009 https://debbieharman.wordpress.com
- Redeye Photography Network, One Year artist exhibition programme, Manchester 2008
-Film & Video Umbrella, 3 month arts film commissioning Traineeship, London 2008
MA Photography, London College of Communication (UAL) 2014
BA Honours Graphic Art & Design, Leeds Met University 2007
Foundation Art Diploma, Leeds College of Art 2002